Esri and the International Cartographic Association (ICA) are sponsoring travel grants for students to attend the LBS 2018 conference.
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com, having as subject “LBS 2018 travel grant” and include a PDF document including the following information:
- Full name;
- Institution full address;
- Contact details including e-mail address and telephone number;
- Your gender (male/female);
- A proof of professional status (PhD-student, MSc-student, etc.), e.g., a copy of student id, or confirmation from supervisor;
- If applicable: the title and EasyChair submission id of each submission to LBS 2018 you are co-authoring;
- A one-page letter of interest highlighting the impossibility of getting (sufficient) other sources of funding, and the importance for the applicant to attend the LBS 2018 conference, also with respect to the scientific expectations of the applicant.
Deadline to apply for grants is 1 October 2017. Results of the selection process will be communicated by email before 20 October 2017 at the latest. Each student accepted for a travel grant will receive the grant either from Esri or from ICA (decision of the selection committee). A prospective number of 12 travel grants of up to 500 CHF each will be offered.